Thursday, August 21, 2008

51st Thing about My Wife

Everyone that reads my wife's blog on a regular basis has been entertained by a list of 50 things about her. I've been married to her for six years and I was surprised by some of the tidbits that she posted. Yesterday my wife and I took our boys to the State Fair and it is there, on a blisteringly hot afternoon that I learned about the "51st thing."

When we go to the State Fair we always start on the opposite side of all the rides. It's on this side that they have all of the animals, kids booths, and petting zoo. It's a great place to start for our boys, but it's quite far from the food and other entertainment. As many of you know Nicolette is very pregnant at this point. She has a lot of energy considering she is 7 months pregnant, but walking forever in the heat, carrying a little kid, and not having anything to drink can conquer even the toughest person. By the time we got to the food area she was hot, miserable, and craving a beverage. I explained to her that I would hunt down some awesome drinks and then come back. Then I would go out for food.

I walked rapidly looking for a fun drink stand. I didn't find one. I saw a little booth to the side with frozen lemonades for sale. That sounded awesome. I purchased two of them for Nicolette and I and then ran back to her table. She had a puzzled look on her face when I showed what I had purchased, but she said thank you and let the kids start drinking them. I then walked over to where we were getting our food. Well, since Nicolette and I had lemonades and I figured the kids would want the same, I purchased a large fountain drink of lemonade with our meals for the kids to share so that we could enjoy the frozen lemonades by ourselves. I was quite proud of myself. I had managed to make everyone happy....almost everyone. I sat back down and Nicolette grabbed the drink out my hand. She immediately took a drink and then slammed it down. She had thought it might be Coke or some other kind of soda. Here is what she said, verbatim, "Lemonade?! Stop buying lemonade! I hate lemonade! I hope you plan drinking all of this." Um, so the 51st thing about my wife is that she doesn't like lemonade...at all. Not even a little bit. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Nicolette said...

I could say a lot about this post, but I'll just leave this one thought, mix it up next time. Maybe some strawberry lemonade, or an slushy (anything other than lemonade flavor) or stick with what you know I like in the soda department. I still love you.