Saturday, August 23, 2008

Getting Out of China

Over the last couple of weeks I have been glued to the tv watching the Olympics. I am a huge sports nut all of the time, but when it's Olympic time I get really bad. The worst part for me is when the games are in a country in some crazy time zone....Like China.

Every morning I have a habit of getting on the internet and reading the news. It's just something that I like to start my day by doing. The problem with that right now is that China is practically a day ahead of us and when I read the news I end up reading the results from the Olympics; the results that I won't be able to see until later in the evening when NBC puts it on the air. I hate knowing what is going to happen before I can see the sporting event. To fix that problem I figured I could just not read the news. Yeah, that lasted for about one day. I felt like a drug addict trying to stop cold-turkey. I was back on the web very fast. The second idea that I had is that if I just stay up really late then I could watch the Olympics at night when they are actually broadcasting them live. That is what I have been doing for a number of days. I really need to sleep about now.

Tonight is the men's gold medal basketball game so I'll probably be up until 1:30AM or later to watch that, but tomorrow they are ending the Olympics. It makes me sad to see them go for another four years, but I seriously need to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

So how was the men's basketball game love, did we win?

Eric said...

Ha ha ha ha....You know I fell asleep.