Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Marathon Rookie

I think I might have officially gone crazy. Nicolette, might argue that I have been crazy for years now, and that might be true, but now I even think I'm crazy. I decided a few days ago to run a mini marathon. Yeah, I know it's only 13.1 miles, but I'm not too used to going much more than five miles...ever....that's it.

It all started while I was working the other day. I walking around handing out flyers to market my place of work and I passed by a great running shop out here called, Fleet Feet. They had a Nike rep showing people new technology in the lastest shoes and I dropped in to learn a bit. I filled out a card to put my name in a raffle to win shoes later on that day and went on my way back to work. Well, I actually won a pair of shoes. That's awesome. I went to pick them up and I found myself talking to people inside about putting the shoes to good use and training for a marathon. Well, I took it to heart. I actually started training yesterday. It was my unofficial first day of traing. I have friends that are going to train with me and we all start on Monday.

I am a bit nervous about this entire thing, but it is something that I have always wanted to do. I acatually want to eventually run a full marathon, but I will take on the mini first. If I live through that then I'll try for more. I'm going to blog about this from time to time. The runs start out shorter; around 4 miles each time, but after a while they get much longer. I typically run my longest runs on Saturdays.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing right now. Yeah, it's boring, but that's all I've got right now!

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

Good Luck!

Eric said...

I'm just getting skinny for you!