Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Put the Cookies in the Bag and Step Away...

"My cookies....my chocolate milk." I ventured out to the store a couple of days ago to pick up some items for dinner. Nicolette was at home cooking, Tyler was terrorizing our dogs and chasing them with his motorized jeep and Tanner was excited to follow dad anywhere and everywhere. I took Tanner with me and went to Raley's.

For those of you that know Tanner you know how sweet he is. He is just the cutest little boy with a great attitude, (he has you all fooled.) He was extremely good in the store. On the way to the store I had helped him memorize that mom wanted us to buy salad, tortilla chips, and juice for dinner. I was impressed to see that he did in fact remember all of those items, and he had also taken the time to make a mental note of a couple of additional items that I had failed to mention; cookies and chocolate milk. When we walked into the store he was quick to inform me of the update.

Shopping went really well, and he was being so cute that of course I purchased his cookies and milk. How could I not? We got up to the checkout line and a young girl was removing the items from our cart. She looked at Tanner and said, "Oh, you're cute. What's your name?" Tanner looked at me, then glared at her intensely and stated, "My cookies, my choco milk." Yeah, no kidding around in his voice. It was really surprising. The girl looked at me and and put her head down and just kept on scanning our grocery items. Tanner, obviously noticing he had won this encounter just kept on mumbling under his breath, "My cookies...my choco milk....my cookies....etc."

1 comment:

Nicolette said...

Even though you already told me this story it still makes me laugh. You just never know what he's going to do.