Monday, September 15, 2008

Sports Sayings that Now Make Sense

We have all heard them; sports sayings that coaches quote to motivate us. "No pain, no gain...etc." You know what I mean. This last Saturday I gained a testimony of one specific saying, and it was the one that I would have least wanted to learn first hand. "Run until you puke."

Sorry about the nature of this blog, but yeah, I totally lost it on Saturday at the 4.5 mile mark of our five mile run. I actually felt great the entire run, and I had plenty of energy left. Jared and I were just passing my house and had another half mile to go so we just kept on running down the street. About thirty minutes before I had gone running I was cleaning up the house and I did what any good father would do; I made sure to not waist food that the kids didn't eat and downed it myself. I specifically ate chunky apple sauce from Trader Joe's. Yup, it's even called Chunky Apple Sauce. How ironic is that.

When the 4.5 mark hit I didn't have time to think. "It just came right out there..." (Sorry, but if you have seen the cartoon Anastasia you would recognize the quote.) Jared's first reaction was, "Bro, we can walk back to your house." My reaction was that I all of a sudden felt ten times better and wanted to keep running. It was pretty strange. It was humorous actually. The only thing that kept me from going back to take a picture of it for my blog was my little shoulder angel, oh yeah, and my wife that threatened to divorce me if I even mentioned that idea one more time.

No comments: